|By clicking on "I Agree," you agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
|The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is extremely grateful for the efforts of all Team ReeveŽ members who coordinate fundraising events to benefit the Foundation. Your commitment makes an invaluable difference as we work to find cures for spinal cord injury and improve the quality of live for those living with paralysis.
The Foundation will assist you in providing materials and answering any questions you may have. In order to protect both your interests and those of the Reeve Foundation, please abide by the guidelines outlined below. Should your event violate any of these guidelines, the Foundation will not be held legally liable for any injury, damage, cost, or loss that may be suffered by any person or entity arising out of or in connection with your event. Please keep in mind that Team ReeveŽ members are not authorized agents of the Foundation.
Event Publicity and Sponsorship
To obtain written permission or authorization for any of the below guidelines, please email KPrendergast@ChristopherReeve.org.
1. All Team ReeveŽ fundraiser event publicity materials, including but not limited to: press releases, pitch letters, printed or electronic advertisements, save-the-dates and invitations, brochures, and any other form of event collateral must be submitted to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation for review and approval before they are made public. Please allow two to three weeks for an initial response regarding approval from Foundation staff and understand that extra time may be needed for additional review after edits have been made.
2. All Team ReeveŽ fundraiser event materials must make clear that the event is hosted by the Team ReeveŽ member as an individual. Materials may not state or imply that the event is being hosted by the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
3. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation prohibits the use of its name and logo in Team ReeveŽ materials without the express written permission of an authorized agent of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
4. The Superman logo and image may not be used in Team ReeveŽ event materials. The logo is trademarked by DC Comics; all necessary permission for usage must be obtained through them. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation will assume no responsibility for trademark infringement or other legal repercussions should the logo be used without the appropriate permission.
5. Team ReeveŽ members may not use the copyrighted information, trademarks or service marks of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation without express written consent of an authorized agent of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
6. If Team ReeveŽ members choose to take out formal advertising, they are responsible for the costs. All proposed advertising (copy and graphics) must be submitted to the Foundation for review and approval before it is made public.
7. The Foundation must be informed in advance of any corporations or businesses that the Team ReeveŽ member plans to approach or event underwriting/contributions, so as not to overlap with existing Foundation fundraising activities.
Media and Celebrity Outreach
1. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation will not furnish contact information for members of the media or issue a press release to publicize a specific Team ReeveŽ event.
2. In media outreach activities, the Team ReeveŽ member is responsible for emphasizing to the press that the event is hosted by the Team Reeve member as an individual, not by the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
3. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation will not furnish contact information for celebrities or their authorized agents. Team Reeve fundraisers who wish to invite celebrities must submit a full list of proposed invitees to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation for review and approval prior to issuing such invitations. The Foundation reserves the right to prohibit Team ReeveŽ members from approaching any celebrity who has an existing relationship with the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
4. It is understood that the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation will not be responsible for providing any mailing lists, sponsors or speakers for the event.
5. Although we will consider requests for appearance/attendance by Reeve Foundation staff, Team ReeveŽ members should understand that schedules do not permit attendance to most Team ReeveŽ events.
Legality and Controversy
1. All monies raised for the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation must be obtained through legal means.
2. If a Team ReeveŽ member sells an item to benefit the Foundation, the item must be non-controversial and sold in a non-controversial nature. Determinations of what is deemed "controversial" will me made at the sole discretion of authorized agents of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
3. The public must be told the specific dollar amount or percentage from the sale of each item that comes to the Foundation. All printed materials and promotions must clearly state the amount that is being donated to the Foundation. (Example: "90% of your donation will go to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.") Please note, there is an important distinction between "90% of your donation" versus "90% of the proceeds of the event."
Event Best Practices
1. A responsible percentage of the gross revenues from all fundraising events should be directed to programs and research. The Reeve Foundation recommends that the total expenses related to promotion and event overhead not exceed 25% of gross revenues.
2. All donation checks should be made payable to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation. Team ReeveŽ members may not take fees, commissions or salary. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation requests that event check(s) be submitted within one month of completion of the event or project. No bank accounts or holding accounts may be established under the Foundation's name.
Team ReeveŽ Members' Event Responsibilities
1. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation assumes no responsibility for selling tickets for any Team ReeveŽ event.
2. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation assumes no responsibility for providing volunteers or filling any administrative and staffing needs.
3. Team ReeveŽ members are responsible for filing any necessary event permits and providing insurance coverage, if required, for their event. Team ReeveŽ members accept all liabilities incurred from their individual event.
4. The Foundation will not compensate any non-Foundation employee in any manner in conjunction with a community fundraiser. The total cost to produce a Team ReeveŽ event should be 100% underwritten by the Team ReeveŽ member or a solicited sponsor.
5. The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation retains the right to withdraw its approval and participation in a Team ReeveŽ event if the above guidelines are not strictly adhered to.