Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Releases 2011 Holiday Gift Guide
Guide features 79 items catered to people living with paralysis
Short Hills, NJ – (November 17, 2011) The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation has released its annual holiday gift guide stacked with items for individuals living with paralysis.
Available on the Reeve Foundation's website, the gift guide is the fourth of its kind featuring over 70 items in 10 categories: Active Lifestyle, Assistive Technology, Cooking Made Easy, Fashionista's Paradise, Gamer's Corner, Helpful Living, Kids' Corner, Spoil Me, Travel, and Wheelchair Extras. Products featured in the gift guide are suitable for every budget with items suggested for varying ages, levels of injury, and interests.
"The fourth version of the gift guide is the biggest one yet," says Rob Gerth, Director of Digital Media for the Reeve Foundation. "In addition to offering suggestions, descriptions, and pricing, the guide features related products and 'Reeve Reviews' of a majority of the items."
The gift guide, which has been in development for the last six months, includes gift ideas generated from those living with paralysis and vendors selling items that are unique and exciting to those receiving the gifts. A few examples:
- HDS Medallion CarryAll Bag - Make a statement with these easy-to-attach fashion carryalls. Choose from the different available designs and then attach to any walker, wheelchair or device with the Velcro straps.
- Nubrella helps avoid an unplanned weather shower. The uniquely designed umbrella especially for someone living with paralysis can be adjusted to the body for a hands free protection that fits right over wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair Accessible Game Table - Every night is poker night with this wheelchair accessible game table. Games such as checkers, chess, and backgammon are featured on the laminate top, equipped with safety edges, eliminating bruises from accidental bumps.
- Set of 3 Smart Tubes - These spill proof and leak-proof soft silicone tubes from Travelon are TSA friendly. They're perfect for on-the-go and easy to grip for those with limited hand dexterity.
- Keystone Electronic Tough Winter Gloves are equipped with Tech Touch pods which allow use of iPod, iPhone or other products while keeping hands warm in the winter.
- Easy Grip Jar & Bottle Opener is a convenient bottle opener, magnet, and gripper all-in-one product that alleviates joint pain while struggling to open medicine bottles or small water bottle caps.
The Reeve Foundation's 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for Individuals Living with Paralysis is the perfect one-stop shop for those living with limited mobility. Please note the Reeve Foundation has not endorsed or tested all of these products.