Partner with us
The mission of the Peer & Family Support Program is to provide mentoring and support to people impacted by paralysis across the country. The best way to expand our reach is to partner with existing mentoring programs in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and other organizations. Additionally, we work to establish and introduce new programs at facilities that do not currently offer mentoring.
Our partners benefit from working with the Reeve Foundation by having access to a growing pool of well trained, certified, diverse and geographically dispersed peer mentors.
The Reeve Foundation benefits from working with well respected, established mentoring programs by tapping into their knowledge of the community, as well as accessing a local pool of talented mentors.
Most importantly, the nation, state, and local community all benefit from these joint efforts.
A current list of our partners is below.
Benefits of partnering with the Reeve Foundation
- Organizations that do not currently offer a peer mentor program can begin to provide mentoring at no cost and without dedicating staff resources.
- Organizations that do offer peer mentoring will enhance and expand their current program at no additional cost and without dedicating staff resources.
- Standardized national training curriculum developed and managed by the Reeve Foundation.
- Larger and more diverse pool of mentors and peers.
- Direct access to Reeve Foundation program coordinators to provide mentor/peer management and administrative functions like peer/mentor matching, data collection, reporting, etc.
- Stronger peer/mentor matches by tapping into a robust network within the state, region, and nation.
- Optimal utilization of the partner's peer mentors through additional mentoring opportunities on a national level.
- Training on the services provided by the Reeve Foundation's Paralysis Resource Center (PRC) to equip the partner and their peer mentors with national resources that will complement their knowledge of the local community.
- Promotion as a Reeve Foundation partner throughout the state and nation.
- Evaluation and surveillance process to assess peer satisfaction and identify emerging needs to further tailor training content.
Schedule an in-service
In-services are a simple and easy way to make an organization more familiar with the Peer & Family Support Program and for you to help raise awareness of the benefits of peer mentoring in your community.
A Reeve Foundation staff member will make a brief 20-30 minute presentation and answer any questions from the audience. It is a great opportunity to provide more detail about the program to a large group at once and for us to learn more about the host organization and community.
We encourage the host to invite staff, clients, board members and even other partnering groups. Some have held "brown bag lunch seminars," but we can schedule the in-service at any point throughout the day.
Let's join forces
We are interested in talking to hospitals, rehabilitation centers, healthcare facilities, foundations, support groups, independent mentor programs and other organizations that are interested or currently offer peer mentoring services.
We realize that agreements may need to be modified and are open to discussing how we can best partner and support each other. However, there are core aspects of the program that cannot be modified, such as the training and certification requirements, as well as our matching philosophy.
If you would like to discuss partnerships please email Bill Cawley, manager of the Peer & Family Support Program, at bcawley@ChristopherReeve.org.
|Ann Arbor Center for Independent Living
Ann Arbor, MI
|Hospital for Special Care
|Arizona Spinal Cord Association
|Baylor Health Care System
|MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
|Neuro Fitness Foundation
Salt Lake City, UT
Los Angeles, CA
|Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
|The Greater Kansas City Spinal Cord Injury Association||Sanford Health
Sioux Falls, SC
San Diego, CA
|Soldiers Stopping Suicide|
|University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
|Strength Training And Recovery Corp.
Grand Blanc, MI 48439
San Diego, CA