Department: Marketing Communications
Position Title: Digital Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full Time M-F 9am-5pm Flexibility to work evenings/weekends
Reports to: Director, Digital Communications
Organization and Position Summary
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury (SCI) by advancing innovative research and improving quality of life for individuals and families impacted by paralysis. The Reeve Foundation is a pioneer in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI) research and has funded $140 million in the laboratories of key thought leaders around the world. The Foundation is committed to building on the findings of decades of research and developing therapies that bring meaningful solutions to people with SCI. Its National Paralysis Resource Center provides the most comprehensive knowledge, tools, and services for individuals impacted by paralysis through dedicated Information Specialists, a substantial Quality of Life Grants Program, Peer & Family Support Program, Military and Veterans Program, Racial and Health Equity initiatives and Advocacy program
About the Role
Today, we seek a Digital Coordinator who will play a key role in developing and executing our digital media strategies to increase the Reeve Foundation’s online presence, engage our community, and support our mission. This position will include responsiblity for managing our digital platforms, coordinating digital campaigns and analyzing performance metrics. The Digital Coordinator will work with the Marketing-Communications team and collaborate across departments to support our programs/services and maintain/grow the Reeve Foundation’s visibility and reputation.
- Serve as an administrator of the Foundation’s social media properties, helping with content planning, scheduling, and monitoring engagement and responses.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and inquiries on our social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains, monitors, and tracks social media; analyze digital media performance metrics and provide regular reports on key metrics, trends, and insights to drive improvements and measure success.
- Works with Director, Digital Communications to develop and implement digital media strategies to raise awareness of our nonprofit organization’s mission, programs, and initiatives; evaluate campaign results.
- Support the production and dissemination of engaging content for various digital channels, including social media platforms, email newsletters, blogs, and other online communication tools. Assist in developing and executing digital advertising campaigns, including managing budgets, targeting strategies, and monitoring performance. Collaborate with internal teams to create content, such as copy, videos, infographics, and graphics, to support educational and fundraising campaigns and storytelling efforts.
- Utilizes web-based tools (e.g. Sprout Social, HubSpot) to support digital marketing efforts.
- Assist in managing and updating the Foundation website using WordPress, ensuring that content is accurate, up-to-date and visually appealing.
- Ensures all work is consistent with established brand guidelines, applicable policies, and compliance standards.
- Stay up-to-date with digital media trends, emerging platforms, and best practices, making recommendations for incorporating new technologies and strategies.
- Performs periodic maintenance, review, and updating of all digital assets and materials.
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify opportunities for growth and engagement.
- Assist with events as needed.
- Consistently seeks knowledge from around the Foundation regarding programs, events and other developments in order to develop stories, determine content priorities, and other communications strategies.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience working on a digital team for a non-profit, corporate or agency or equivalent combination
- Experience supporting digital marketing campaigns
- Project management skills
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms, including social media, websites, email marketing, and analytics tools.
- Experience in social media management, including content planning, scheduling, and community engagement.
- Familiarity with digital advertising platforms, such as Google AdWords and Facebook Ads.
- Basic knowledge of web accessibility and data privacy standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to tailor messages to different audiences.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for nonprofit work and a commitment to making a positive impact.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels – share all information in a timely fashion
- The position will require proficient analytical skills including the ability to conduct research, compile, organize and analyze information, formulate and effectively present conclusions to others.
- Proven self-starter skills with a strong work ethic, be resourceful, conscientious, punctual, and energetic.
- Able to work well with others, takes direction, and independently fulfills responsibilities Effective written communications skills, including skill in copywriting, proofreading and editing
- Office administration skills, including general clerical skills (filing, typing, copying, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google web tools (Analytics, Data Studio and Google Ads)
- Strong working knowledge of third-party social media tools
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of SEO principles and best practices for website optimization
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Experience with and strong working knowledge with CMR, CMS (particularly HubSpot and WordPress) and various website maintenance platforms
- Experience and proficiency with Canva
Travel: Approximately 10% travel may be required
Physical Demands/Office Environment
This position is primarily a sedentary role but will have periods of physical activity. The person in this position may need to occasionally move about inside the office to liaise with internal staff, access files, office machinery and a copy machine/printer. As stated above, the position involves minimal travel.In addition, this person will need to be able to set up live events, including exhibit booths, stages for presenters and displays.They will need to be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Foundation is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination that supports individual dignity and respect. Accordingly, the Foundation maintains a strict policy prohibiting sexual harassment, unlawful harassment and any type of discriminatory treatment because of any “Protected Characteristic”.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]