There are two opportunities per year to apply for a Quality of Life grant. Applications are submitted online and reviewed in two periods – called Cycles – as listed below.
2017 program timeline
- 1st Cycle online application submission period opened January 4
- 1st Cycle application submission deadline: February 15, 11:59 pm ET
- 1st Cycle decisions announced (and checks mailed) end of May
- 2nd Cycle online application submission period opens July 1
- 2nd Cycle application submission deadline: August 15, 11:59 pm ET
- 2nd Cycle decisions announced (and checks shipped) end of December
Please note that deadlines falling on a weekend or holiday are moved to the next occurring week day. For example, if February 15 falls on Saturday, the deadline is February 16. Applications are accepted up until 11:59 pm. ET of the deadline date. If the review process is unavoidably delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, all applicants will be notified by email as soon as possible, and checks will be mailed soon thereafter.
ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: When crafting your application, please be mindful of the program timeline to ensure that the proposed project correlates with the program funding schedule.
Three step process
Please start by reading the Quality of Life guidelines (PDF). Applications that do not adhere to the guidelines will be rejected without review.
Further, before beginning the application, applicants are urged to carefully review the documents below that were specially created to help you better understand what we look for in the application.
- List of Application Questions (PDF)
- People-First Language Guide
- A Quick Guide to Establishing Evaluation Indicators
- Know how the proposals are scored (PDF)
Please download the project budget template, an Excel template that must be completed and uploaded with your online application.
Applicants needing plain-text Word version of proposed project budget, download here (.doc).
Detailed project budget instructions are included in the application guidelines and must be followed. Prior grantees must upload within the online application the final report on their most recent grant from the Reeve Foundation (final report forms can be downloaded here).
Please note that prior grantees must skip three grant cycles before reapplying. For example, 1st Cycle 2014 and earlier grantees are eligible to reapply in the 1st Cycle 2016.
Please click here to access and complete the online application or return to your saved application. The online application may be completed in multiple sessions. The completed project budget template must be uploaded as well before submitting.
Should you have any questions, concerns or technical difficulties, please contact the Reeve Foundation as soon as possible:
This presentation is tailored specifically for nonprofit organizations seeking a Reeve Foundation Quality of Life grant for a program or project that directly impacts the lives of individuals living with disabilities and their families.
Recorded from a live broadcast on August 4, 2015.
- Program overview
- Past Quality of Life grantees
- Guide to establishing evaluation indicators
- Guidelines for discussing people with disabilities
- High Impact Innovative Quality of Life Grants
- Respite Care Grants