Grant Application and Program Guidelines
Please review the Grant Application and Program Guidelines (Direct Effect and Priority Impact) prior to beginning your application for the 2023 2nd Cycle Direct Effect and Expanded Impact grants due October 11, 2023.
2nd Cycle 2023 Program Timeline
Direct Effect (Tier 1) and Priority Impact (Tiers 2-4)
- Cycle Opens: August 30, 2023
- Technical Assistance Webinar: September 6, 2023 (register here)
- Deadline for emailed questions: September 12, 2023 (email to [email protected])
- Proposals Due: October 11, 2023
- External Review: October 16 – November 3
- Internal Review: November 8– December 5
- Grants awarded by the end of December
- Grant period begins January 1, 2024
Quality of Life Grant Application Process
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation Quality of Life grants program offers a tiered grants strategy awarding Direct Effect (Tier 1) grants up to $25,000 to support a wide array of programs and activities. In addition, we have created Priority Impact grants (Tiers 2, 3 & 4) with higher maximum award amounts that focus on targeted high priority issues for people living with paralysis and their families. This enables the Reeve Foundation to continue to support valuable projects and services in communities throughout the United States of America, as well as to highlight, fund and publicize high priority issues and successful solutions. Expanded Impact grants (Tier 5) are expansions of previously awarded QOL programs that have achieved demonstrable successful impact.
For Full Program Details please visit our QOL Program Overview Page.
Requests from organizations not based in the USA are not eligible, and projects outside of the USA, even if the applicant organization is based in the USA, cannot be funded. Please see all of the Eligibility Criteria (through the link below).
All applications must be submitted online through the online grants portal.
Grant Review Process
Learn more about the Quality of Life Grant Review Process.
- Grant Application and Program Guidelines
- Guidelines for discussing people with disabilities
- A Quick Guide to Establishing Evaluation Indicators
- Eligibility Criteria and Funding Restrictions
- FAQs (Updated 9-26-22)
Video Tutorial Series
Please watch these short videos if you have any questions regarding:
Application – Technical Assistance Webinar
This technical assistance webinar was presented on September 6, 2023.
Download the slides Webinar Direct Effect and Priority Impact Sept 6 Final 9-11-23.
Webinar: Outcome-based Evaluation
- Shift your nonprofit organization’s and/or project’s focus from activities to OUTCOMES
- Learn the difference between inputs, activities, outputs, and outcomes
- Develop frameworks for tracking the outcomes and impact of your work
- Successfully articulate that impact to funders and other stakeholders
- Use OUTCOME-BASED EVALUATION to tell a more in-depth, rich, and impactful story highlighting the success of your work.
This webinar was presented on December 15, 2021.