How to start your own fundraiser
Welcome to Team Reeve
Whether you want to host a wine tasting or plan a school fundraiser for Team Reeve®, you can make a difference for the millions of individuals living with paralysis.
Starting your fundraiser is easy with Team Reeve, and we are here to help make your event a success.
Below are a few tips on how to make the most out of your fundraiser.
Keep these things in mind when you are planning your fundraiser:
- Have fun with it! – Choose something you like to do.
- Know your limits – Your event should match what you're realistically able to do, no fundraiser is too small and every dollar counts.
- Make it fun, yet educational – This is a terrific opportunity to inform people about the work of the Reeve Foundation, while still having a good time.
- Ask for help – Whether it's a local business donating space for your event, or asking your friends to volunteer, make sure you ask for help along the way.
With Team Reeve, you can take your passions and talents and create your own fundraiser – the options are endless. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fundraise around your local soccer or baseball tournament
- Plan a local golf outing
- Participate in a 5k with friends – you can even have a team fundraising page
- Host a wine tasting party at your house or a local bar
- Plan a group hike
- Organize a school fundraiser
- Have a running club at work? Sign up for a local race and fundraise with your colleagues
- Skydive for Team Reeve... no really, it's happened
Tap into your personal network
Planning your fundraiser is not difficult if you get the right people to join. Get friends, family and colleagues involved in your event first, and the community will soon follow. The best events are supported by a team of people so that planning, execution and other logistics are not just resting on one person.
Having the right people around to support you will help your event be successful.
Once you are ready to get going with your event, it's time to create your personal fundraising page. We have made it easy to build your page with the ability to share information and updates across your community.
There are many fun features to explore on your Team Reeve fundraising page, including:
- Personalize your page with photos, videos, and a story around your event – keep it short and sweet for the optimal impact.
- Send emails and import contacts using Team Reeve templates to help get the word out. Don't worry, you can add your own personal flair and message to the template.
- Share event details and updates directly from your page on Facebook and Twitter. As you hit your fundraising milestones, celebrate with a tweet or a post and keep up the momentum.
- Track progress of your teammates (if applicable) and easily spot new donations from generous supporters.
- Keep supporters updated on your fundraising goals through additional tools and notifications.
Contact us at TeamReeve@ChristopherReeve.org. We're here to help and would love to bounce ideas around on how to ensure your fundraiser is a success!