About our lending library
The Reeve Foundation lending library has over 5,200 items available for free loan, including books, DVDs, and magazines. Topics include any of the various causes of paralysis like Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), stroke, spinal cord injury, Transverse Myelitis, etc.
There are also materials on secondary conditions like bowel and bladder management, pain, and spasticity. There is an extensive collection of autobiographies of people living with paralysis, works of fiction that include characters with paralysis, and books and DVDs appropriate for children of various ages.
Materials are free to borrow, and we also provide free return postage. The lending library service is only available within the United States.
How to order a book, DVD or magazine
Please note: we can only offer the lending program within the United States.
2. For any items you'd like to borrow, make a note of both the item title (for example the title of the book) and call number/shelf location (which will tend to include both letters and numbers, e.g. 'PZ 7 .J2977 Da 2014').
3. Complete the loan request form below, within which you'll enter the item title and call number.
Materials will be mailed to you with prepaid postage and a return address label. There is no cost to you for the return of the items. You may also save and reuse the box it comes in.
- There is a limit of 2 DVDs at a time, and 3 books at a time (total 5 items). Items are loaned for a 30 day period and must be returned. We reserve the right to not loan out materials.
- By clicking Submit on the loan request form below you are agreeing that you are 18 years or older, or that you have a parent or guardian's permission to borrow materials from us.
- Warning: To copy any audiovisuals, you need to obtain the written permission of the copyright holder. You may not charge admission to see a video program without written permission of the copyright holder. Video programs can not be broadcast outside of a single classroom without the permission of the copyright holder.
Lending library help
To ask a question or get help with our lending library, please contact Sheila Fitzgibbon:
- Email library@ChristopherReeve.org
- Call 800-539-7309 x7204